Tuesday, July 31, 2012

There's no place like home

There may be no place like home but there is the great land of Oz..well at least there is on Broadway. Tonight was a magical night, unlike any night in London. I had the experience of seeing the Wizard of Oz on London's Broadway.

Since I was a little girl I have been OBSESSED with the Wizard of Oz. Something about the Wizard of Oz, was always so magical to me. When I say OBSESSED..I mean OBSESSED. From being Dorothy for numerous Halloweens, to having a Wizard of Oz themed Sweet 16..I would say that I'm a pretty big fan.

I have watched the movie a million times, but I never actually seen the play of The Wizard of Oz. I actually was in the play when I was 5 years old as one of the members of the Lullaby League. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I didn't have high expectations for the play seeing that the last time I attended the theatre for a showing of Footloose, I was very disappointed.

Boy oh boy was I pleasantly surprised. The play tonight was out of this world and completely exceeded all of my expectations. I could now say that I have truly experienced the London theatre. Footloose smootloose..Wizard od Oz took the cake..hands down.

Coming from NY it is hard to compare New York's Broadway to London's Broadway. Since I was a kid I went to Broadway with my parents. I've probably seen around 20 Broadway shows, some more than once. Since my cousins were on Broadway in Mama Mia and 42nd Street, I always had an interest in the theatre. I guess I could now say that I can add London Broadway to the top of my list. Wizard of Oz really made and impression and I can NOT wait to see Singing in the Rain tomorrow night! I truly am experiencing the London life!

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment